BOND Strategy and Influence
Job Description: Film Marketing Account Executive
Functional Area: Client Management
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree (Graduate Degree preferred)
Experience Required: 5 – 7 Years
Salary: Competitive with experience level of candidate.
Obsessed with film? Join a team whose mission is to create a groundswell of support to make independent film the next must-see experience through online and offline marketing initiatives. Our team scours the globe for the best new films, researching and attending festivals and conferences to partner with established, new, or simply unique filmmakers. We want you to help bring in and represent the projects that fuel BOND’s progress. This unique opportunity is for an accomplished digital marketing professional with strong thought leadership skills to have a substantial impact on the digital presence and sales for leading independent films.
Not only will you have a traditional position as the senior-most member leading day-to-day client activities, but you will also be depended on to develop high-level strategic thinking on your film’s objectives and measures of success.
The ideal person for this role is someone who loves entertainment marketing, has a background in film PR and embodies the ideals of working at a small startup – creative, autonomous, industrious and resourceful. The AE must have the leadership and experience to produce 360°marketing plans, high-impact recommendations and POV documents to maintain the high-level quality of work our clients come to expect.
- Understand the nuts and bolts of independent film distribution and the film acquisitions process, tracking the film festival circuit, integrating new distribution platforms into the pitch, and scoping potential competitors
- Ability to watch films critically (from the perspective of a distributor), express opinions effectively to managers and develop writing coverage and ”pitching” a film to distributors and staff
- Create digital communication strategies that identify the marketable elements of a film to appeal to wider audiences.
- Manage the day-to-day needs, recommendations, and deliverables for film clients to ensure project timelines and budget expectations are organized
- Execute PR Campaigns to garner media coverage in traditional and digital publications.
- Provide reporting and analytics across multiple film projects; use data as a key driver of insights and decision–making.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and constructive feedback to support staff team-members with the goal of both improved performance and personal growth.
- 5-7 Years in applicable fields of Digital Marketing, Social Media or Advertising.
- Excellent writing, editing, email and verbal skills.
- Superior user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient mathematical abilities – aptitude for mathematical, budgeting and accounting concepts.
- Understands the ever-changing intricacies of the digital landscape including Social Media, Mobile, Apps, Tablet, SEO/SEM, Display, Product Development, e-Commerce, etc.
- Extensive experience presenting in front of clients.
- Strong ability to self-organize, prioritize and project manage.
- Flexible and adaptable given our small and fast-paced working environment.
- Shows an enthusiastic attitude, as well as a contagiously genuine desire to succeed.
- Is a team player that is driven to collaborate with the client and colleagues.
- Listens and responds to others in a respectful manner.
- Displays a sufficient level of decorum and executive presence in all client interactions.
- Understands the principles of media, marketing and advertising. Possesses a
- Basic knowledge of the disciplines underlying these principles e.g. economics, journalism, psychology
- Student of the client industry and environment in which client operates.
- Avid explorer in and user of multi-digital vehicles; enthusiastically strengthens knowledge of the relationship opportunities between on-and-offline media
BOND Strategy and Influence is a boutique agency specializing in digital marketing strategy, creative development, and PR for clients such as A&E Networks, Park Hyatt, American Express, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis, Penguin Publishing and MTV as well as independent film distributors such as IFC Films, Oscilloscope, and Millennium Entertainment. We have also managed a variety of award-winning films such as Particle Fever, Mistaken for Strangers, SENNA, Exit through the Gift Shop, The Imposter, Samsara and The Invisible War.
BOND/360 launched in 2013, offering independent filmmakers the opportunity to connect their films and merchandise directly with their fans. We distribute highly curated independent feature films with an emphasis on empowering our filmmakers to embrace their brand and build their fan base. Our innovative approach provides filmmakers with a communications and distribution support team, helping them develop and diversify their brand while making a profit. While we also make films available in traditional movie theaters and on DVD, video-on-demand is the foundation of our business. BOND/360 specializes in working with films that address popular topics in today’s zeitgeist and filmmakers who desire to have careers for years to come.
Our success stems from a culture that values creative problem solving, collaborative client relationships, and a genuine enthusiasm for innovation.
Please send your resume to Cynthia Lyons: CynthiaS@bondinfluence.com.